Join advocates, community members, and healthcare professionals as we learn from each other and discuss how health plays into the lives, loves, and communities of lesbian, bisexual, queer, and transgender people around the country.
The Summit will feature a diverse array of workshops, focusing on clinical care, community initiatives, education and training, leadership development, public health policy, research, and sexuality. For detailed information, please visit our website: http://lesbianhealthinfo.org/NationalLesbianHealthSummit/
Confirmed panelists and workshop presenters include leaders in lesbian and queer women’s health:
- Dr. Leslie Calman, Executive Director of the Mautner Project: The National Lesbian Health Organization
- Rebecca Fox, Director of the National Coalition for LGBT Health
- Dr. Sandra Hernández, Chief Executive Officer of the San Francisco Foundation
- Dr. Marjorie J. Hill, Chief Executive Officer of the Gay Men’s Health Crisis
- Amber Hollibaugh, Chief Officer for Elder & Women’s Services, Howard Brown Health Center
- Lorri Jean, CEO of the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center
- JoAnne Keatley, Director of the UCSF National Center of Excellence for Transgender HIV
- Surina Khan, Vice President of Programs at the Women's Foundation of California
- Dr. Caitlin Ryan, Director of Adolescent Health Initiatives, César E. Chavez Institute, San Francisco State University
- Carmen Vazquez, Coordinator, LGBT Health and Human Services, State of New York Department of Health
Community registration for the National Lesbian Health Summit costs $30. We have a limited number of registration scholarships which we will award based on economic need.
For more information on the 2009 National Lesbian Health Summit – including registration, exciting volunteer opportunities, and Summit highlights – visit our website: http://lesbianhealthinfo.org/NationalLesbianHealthSummit/
Join us in discussing the upcoming Summit and keep up to date with the latest Summit news on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/2009-National-Lesbian-Health-Summit/48985195394