A benefit event featuring kick-ass performing artists in support of Richmond Jane Doe!
Stronger Together - Benefit for Richmond Jane Doe
Friday, February 6th & Saturday, February 7th
6:30 PM - Doors
7:00 PM - Performances
Featuring a Line-Up of Performing Artists (See details below)
Rose Street House of Music
1829 Rose Street
This is a fundraiser to benefit the young lesbian who was gang-raped in a hate crime. Please show her that you are here for her and attend this event, it'll be fun, and it'll make you feel good!
Come together in community to help a sister in need, to help rebuild her life while staying strong for her 8-year-old daughter.
- Link to online information about JD:
- Link to Related Associated Press News Story by Lisa Leff:
* Reservation Information -
$10 - $99 suggested sliding scale donation.
100% of proceeds will go to JD (Richmond Jane Doe)
Reservations not required, but be sure to come early (especially on Friday).
Requested no fragrances/perfume please
To volunteer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with "RJD volunteer" in the subject line.
* Featured Performing Artists -
- Irina Rivkin - live-looping OutMusic Awardee www.myspace.com/irinarivkin
- Pam & Jeri of Blame Sally (2/6) www.blamesally.com
- Andrea Prichett and Lisa Zeiler of Rebecca Riots (2/6) fresh radical folk www.myspace.com/rebeccariotsmusic
- StormMiguel Florez (2/6) real tranny folk rock www.stormflorez.com
- Shelley Doty (2/7) - guitar goddess www.shelleydoty.com
- Green and Root (2/7) - authentic songs, sublime harmonies www.greenandroot.com
- Maureen Brownsey MC's (2/6)
- Special guests Rebecca Crump, Sai Mayi Magram and Carrie Gerendasy
* About the Artists -
- Mo Brownsey, author of "Is It a Date or Just Coffee?" a veteran stand-up comic who has headlined internationally, and film/video maker who co-produced a PBS screened documentary on the Religious Right and Anti Gay Legislation of the mid-90s, will MC the 2/6 evening.
- Irina Rivkin (2/6 & 2/7), Outmusic Awardee, layers her poetic lyrics with rich textured harmonies, swirling with vocal percussive beats, all created live on-the-spot using her loop station instrument. "jazzy, and rhythmic . . . hot, harmony-rich vocals...rhythm & sound would pass as a Russian Sweet Honey in the Rock. "Angela Page, Sing Out!" www.sonicbids.com/irinarivkin
- Pam Delgado and Jeri Jones (2/6) consistently bring an audience enthusiastically to their feet with dynamic vocals, rocking percussion and guitar.
- Andrea Prichett & Lisa Zeiler (2/6) of Rebecca Riots - fresh, radical folk with inspiring originals that blend an intense dedication to social justice with an irresistible, welcoming attitude and lots of humor.
- StormMiguel Florez is a Mexican aMaricon singer/songwriter, QueErotic performance artist, and live tranny sex show producer. Sometimes he does these things all at once.
- Shelley Doty (2/7) articulate passionate songwriter, masterful guitarist " . . . the complete performer in her use of cranked up emotions in her singing, edgy rock energy and swinging jazz guitar rhythms." East Bay Express
- Green and Root (2/7) sing deliciously evocative songs with perfectly spiced harmonies. "The self-expression is immense" Robert Laurence, We the People
- Rose Street House of Music is a volunteer-run volunteer-hosted house concert & touring musical community bringing out women's voices through poetic music of substance & depth. All genders are welcome as audience, volunteers, & back-up musicians for the artists featured. http://www.rosestreetmusic.com or (510) 594-4000 ext. 687.
"Stronger Together" is produced by Tallon Nunez & Irina Rivkin / Rose Street House of Music.
Promotional support provided by Betty's List.